Original architect: Mark Wentworth, 1866
One of the original wooden houses in the American Colony, which were prefabricated in Maine and brought here in their entirety in 1866 by devout, Zion-loving Christians. Restored by the couple, Dr. Reed and Jean Holmes, in 2002, the house now serves as a heritage center. A short film describing the history of the American Colony as well as this particular house will be screened in the basement every 20 minutes. The tours are being held in memory of Dr. Reed Holmes (1917-2016).